Monday, May 3, 2010

It's 7.24 in the morning, I am high from the after-effects of medicine and I need to pee. So very depsperately. But Baba's pissed at us because we got into a fight with him few weeks back and he feels like we are blaming him for our ridiculously expensive water and electric heater and we demanded that he let us move out earlier than supposed to but he disagreed. The other day he was telling us about how he was installing a new water pipe and we supposedly won't be having anymore water problems from then on. But I left the tap pn since 3 in the morning and still no water. Aaaaaaah. And hence, my plans of going to the library to spend the whole day stuffing my face in books while some of my friends will be going to Cairo for the day just went down the drain.

And we were hanging out yesterday after the sheet exam and got talking and one of it was about ''Bait Muslim''. It's an organisation *I think* that matches couples based on profiles. Sort of like online dating, but in a more Islamic way. I don't know if they have it in other places, but they sure have it in Mansoura.

So this is how it works, pardon me if I'm wrong, though. You get registered with the representatives and they'll have some sort of interview session and ask questions like, ''Why do you want to get married'', ''Why choose Bait Muslim'' and ''What do you look for in your partner?'' Mind you, I haven't tried this before and I don't know anyone who has gone through this, so this is all a wild guess. Sorry if I get the facts wrong. And then you fill up a questionnaire about yourself and give a photo. So the opposite sex would run through profiles of possible 'dates' and if they like a particular someone, a 'meeting' would be planned where both sides meet and talk, supervised but others. Meaning it won't be just the two of you in a room. And if you like the other person, you can get married, I think. Sounds interesting, no?

But the catch is that they say people usually do this when they really wanna get married, not to just find friends and things like that. So I was really interested to try it, I mean you never know what's gonna happen, right? But don't get me wrong, it's not that I want to get married pronto or anything, it's just one of the few things I really would wanna try. It does sound interesting. But what if nobody would like to get to know me considering that I am a 19 year old girl who doesn't know how to cook, has trouble making up her mind all the time that I have to change at least thrice everytime before I go out, doesn't like to stay at home and likes wearing heels but trips and falls all the time. Sounds like a good catch, no ? :|

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.