Sunday, May 9, 2010

Dear Mommy.

It's that time of the year again, Mother's Day. I'm sorry I can't buy you expensive things *you know how I am with money*, I can't take you out for dinner or lunch because we're continents apart, I can't sing you a song because I suck at singing, I can't write you a poem because I am not good with words but this is what I can give you. A cyber letter.

I know how hard these past 20 years has been for you. Raising a kid alone is tough, let alone 4 kids. And I know you think that I never listen when you tell me how hard it was for you when you first had me, with Ayah living all the way in Penang and that you had to take the mini bus even when you were pregnant with me.

And I know that I haven't been the easiest to raise. I am rebellious and I like to do things my own way. Even when you say no, I go for it anyways, even after you reasoning out all the reasons why I should not. And when you just won't let me, I would literally beg and annoy my way through until you say yes.

I also didn't help much with the house chores. But you know how I hate doing the laundry. :| And I have always took for granted how you used to drive me everyday to and from school, until I had my own license and realised that driving isn't as easy as it looks. The same goes for cooking. Now that I live on my own, I hate cooking and the cleaning up and all the hassle.

So here's my way of saying thank you for all that you have done for the past 20 years and that I love you so much and that you are the best mom one can wish for. <3

1 comment:

mmybby said...

Azwa dearest, thanks for the post. Mommy will always love you.. be anak yang solehah and do good deeds for me to reap the rewards from Allah.. InsyaAllah..